206cc 2002

All your roof problems here.
VolkanX61

206cc 2002

Post by VolkanX61 »

Hi,

My Peugeot 206cc had a great weekend with nice weather, however, saturday the roof refused to close.
I've tried manually, but I'm stuck at the 'pull cord' part. I've checked the forum and Capn' said it has been covered, but I think that post has been removed or there's a misunderstanding, because I can't find the answer.

My car is from 2002 and doesn't have the new rear shelf open mechanism with the Allen key, it's the old version with the rope, but the rope is missing.

Worked on it all day, but couldn't find anything.

Is there another way I can lower the rear shelf, or how do I lower the rear shelf without the pull cord? I think if I close it manually a few times the roof will start working again. But I can't lower the shelf, the roof is open since saturday now and it survived a day of rain with a nice anti water protection cover on it.

I can make pictures if you want (I think I will make them now :thumbs: )

Thanks!!

IanL

Re: 206cc 2002

Post by IanL »

VolkanX61 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:14 pm My car is from 2002 and doesn't have the new rear shelf open mechanism with the Allen key, it's the old version with the rope, but the rope is missing.
The Allen key should be available in all cars to prop the boot lid open, and to operate the hydraulic bypass valve - it should be in the foam box with the tyre goo cans.

It is a common reaction to say the rope is missing, because the moulding clearly has an opening for it, but that opening is there in cars which were not fitted with the rope. There must be a knack to tripping the mechanism - some people have had success using a screwdriver - the Allen key is only recommended because it is there in the box, it is not necessarily the best tool for the job. I must admit I have tried, just to be sure I could do it if needed, but I was not able to.

Good luck!

Ronnie

Re: 206cc 2002

Post by Ronnie »

I had the same problem in a 2006 model, and there was no pullcord in place. I tried the pushing the Alan key in so many ways over about 3 days until i was trying with a screwdriver and all of a sudden i saw the parcel shelf move and i was able to manually close the roof. I have no idea what i touched to trigger it so can`t help there. I paid a Peugeot dealer i think about £120 to learn that 1 of the 3 micro switches grouped together was out of place. They fixed this and the roof closed and has worked ever since. According to Peugeot spares are not available.
Peugeot 206 cc 2006 1.6 petrol
Vauxhall Corsa 2016 1.4 petrol