In Process of buying 206cc

Anything related to the 206CC
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Good Morning all

We looked at a 2.0 206cc 02 reg the other week at alocal but high rated garage. Took it for a drive, was a bit bumpy on suspension and the clutch was high but after reading some posts on here i've come to think that this is the norm..?

Anyway just wanted to run a few checks over the car before purchasing so........ can anyone tell me where the chassis plate is so when we go back I can check the VIN?

Odd question I know but do all bonnet undersides have fabric on them?

Many Thanks
Marmite

:thumbs:

ChrisCM

Post by ChrisCM »

On a seperate note, i'd check if it has had its hydraullic tappets replaced. it is a very common fault on 2.0l around 51-52 plate (search for it on here) and if they go (you will know by a lumpy idle when cold ie winter cold) then you are looking at a bill for £1k. pissed me right off after having my car for 2 weeks. thank god for the warranty i had, although it didn't cover it all.

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Oooh thanks for that Chris! I'll find out

Dabz

Post by Dabz »

the fabric on the underside of the bonnet is to help with sound deadening. the suspension is pretty bumpy, especially with the roof down but you get used to it fairly quickly, and with it being firm it definitely helps with cornering! The clutch has always been high on mine too

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Thanks Dabz!

While I was driving it i felt like I was gonna stall the car the clutch had to come so high! My best mate has a normal 206 and she let me run it up the road today after i asked her about the clutch. I found that quite high too. perhaps its a peugeot thing then.

Cheers Dude ;)