help my roof is scaring me!!

Electrical 206CC problems
julie1899

Post by julie1899 »

hi, hope someoine can help, iv had my 206cc about 1 1/2 years and about 4 times my roof has gone wrong, it lifts up, the roof goes down into the boot, but not all the way, then the back starts coming down and then it all freezes. last weekend the roof was flat into the boot but the back woulnt come down, we managed to push it down but then it wouldnt lock in, and we then couldnt pull it back up. after about 10 minutes we tried putting the windows up, they went up and then whole lot started working again, i put it up and down 2 more times that day and it was fine, but its really scary whenit wont do anything, does anyone have any ideas??

Not Well 206cc

Post by Not Well 206cc »

Hi Julie1899

Was the engine running when the roof got stuck?

The roof has many switches and sensors as well as the hydraulics to lift and lower the boot lid and the roof, so any problems should be seen by a dealer, but check the battery as the roof requires a large amount of power to move dew to all the moving parts and the weight that is being moved, this puts a strain on the battery every time the roof is put in operation.

Hope this helps
steve