Just introducing myself

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
daddyDA1

Just introducing myself

Post by daddyDA1 »

Picking up our 206 Verve later this week or early next. She's an 06 plate with just over 63,000 miles on her.

Both fell in love with her as I'd had the 206 Sport before and loved every second I spent driving that car. I still see it around to this day. It still looks good.

The VERVE is only 75 BHP but handling, driving position, controls, spec, ride, performance and looks are just great. Can not wait to take her off the used car lot.

My first Peugeot was an early version 106 when I worked full time as a Driving Instructor. Fell in love with it at first sight too...Then another great Peugeot hatch the 205 diesel. Stylish, comfortable and for an engine of that size it went like a train....

Also been a life long Citeroen fan, with my second Wife having owned a 2CV

Don't give a fig about French Cars getting stick. You always get high spec for less money and they are just fun to drive! :welcome:

GrandadMonkey

Re: Just introducing myself

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum. We really cater for 206cc owners but we'll happily accommodate you too. Do bear in mind that the 1.4 engine in your hatchback does not feature in any 206cc model.

Enjoy your new car - the cambelt is about due for renewal if it hasn't already be replaced. Normal to get the pulleys, tensioner and water pump replaced at the same time. Should cost around £300-400 if a garage does it so allow for this in the price you pay for the car. Good luck.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)