Seat Adjustment

All your other probs if any.
Skezza

Seat Adjustment

Post by Skezza »

OK, so on the passenger side, the seat adjustment doesn't work. We've only just noticed this. You push the handle back, but nothing happens at all. It seems stuck. I googled and there was a thread about pushing the lever hard but it feels as though something will brake.

Are there any suggestions for this? Is it a new seat job?

Powellct

Re: Seat Adjustment

Post by Powellct »

So the newbie's going to bump this, as I have the same problem with the drivers seat - and given 3 people will be driving it, adjustment would be good.... Forwards/backwards is fine, as is height - it's literally just the recline/rear seat access.
Like Skezza the lever moves but doesn't appear to do anything, and I'm loathe to give it some welly. Is it an easy fix if the seats out, and are there any issues with disconnecting/reconnecting the airbag?
Or it it really just a case of brute force :-)
2001 SWB Transit
2012 Fiesta
2004 1.6 206cc.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

This is a common fault with the seat base runners. Use the search for "seat runners" and you will find quite a few posts about trhem
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Powellct

Post by Powellct »

Thanks Col.
All those seem specific to the seat jamming on the runners - this is quite free. Its the recline that doesn't work. I'll give it some beans at the weekend.
Thanks again.
2001 SWB Transit
2012 Fiesta
2004 1.6 206cc.

Skezza

Post by Skezza »

I never found a fix tbh

IanL

Post by IanL »

I had a similar problem. In my case, the seat back was tilted completely forward and stuck, and it was free to slide forward and back. The control handles did nothing.

I was advised to apply heavy force to the handle. It was the passenger seat, so the handle needed to be turned clockwise. I leaned into the car and pressed on the rightside handle with my hand whilst more-or-less standing on the leftside handle. A couple of leg bounces ( I thought the handle might break but it did not), there was a loud click, and everything had returned to normal.

Usual disclaimer.

Skezza

Post by Skezza »

The seat is recessed back rather than forward, would this still work?

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think so.