Is it possible to retrofit Cruise control?

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
Philgault

Is it possible to retrofit Cruise control?

Post by Philgault »

Hello,
Thanks for letting me into the forums - new owner of a 206cc, 1.6 Diesel allure, 06 plate, manual. Never driven a convertible before and loving it already, even in winter!
I would love to be able to retrofit cruise control if that is possible - I saw elsewhere in this page that someone has done it with an automatic, but unsure if my BSI will take it. Before I spend on PP (and a cheap laptop to run it), does anyone have any helpful information?
Thanks in advance!
Phil
Peugeot 206cc Allure, 1.6 Diesel, manual, 2006, metallic blue

IanL

Re: Is it possible to retrofit Cruise control?

Post by IanL »

Hi Phil,

I have done it on my 2005 206CC 1.6 petrol auto. It's less easy on a manual, because you need the clutch switch and accelerator switch, and whether the wiring is fitted for them?

If the diesel was offered with cruise, I would expect the electronics (BSI, engine ECU and instrument panel) to be compatible, but the first two would need "configuration" with Peugeot Planet.

Philgault

Post by Philgault »

Ah, so first job would be to check whether the wires are fitted, then. I’ll have a look! Thanks Ian.
Peugeot 206cc Allure, 1.6 Diesel, manual, 2006, metallic blue

thefinalfantasy

Post by thefinalfantasy »

I'm also tempted to attempt it with my 1.6 2006 Automatic. I've seen the stalk on Ebay for about £20.

Is it mainly a case of getting the stalk, wiring it in and seeing if I can convince a local forum member to run the software on it for me? Or have I underestimated it a bit there? :hmm:

IanL

Post by IanL »

The stalk just clicks in, but you may have to cut a slot in the plastic shroud to admit it - I did.

The only other things are configuration of the electronics with Peugeot Planet and performing a BSI reboot to make the electronics take note of the changes.

This post tells you a bit more. After doing the changes with Planet, the display was totally corrupt, which Is how I found out you need the BSI reboot to sort it out.

As your car is later than mine, it may support the speed limiter option and the display function (you can't set the speed limiter without the display function, but cruise doesn't need it).