The Dreaded Bleep

All your roof problems here.
Stewie

The Dreaded Bleep

Post by Stewie »

Hi , I’m new to this site …
I have a 2002 206cc
It’s a French vehicle ( left hooker ) as I live in France ( Cheap wine , expensive servicing :big-grin:

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum ( haven’t had time to read all through yet ) the «  roof not closed « 
Warning is going all the time with roof fully shut and locked …
I’m thinking it’s a Micro Switch? I’ve found the very helpful diagram on here with the locations of them all and have stripped out the boot linings etc ready to get to the rear ones.
I’m quite mechanically minded and good at problem solving but wiring makes my eyes glaze over….

I enquired at my local Peugeot dealer and they want 140€ to run Planet over it.. I’d like to avoid that if I can…
Sooooooo, how can I test for a fault and pinpoint the offending switch if that’s what it is ??

Many thanks… Stu.

IanL

Re: The Dreaded Bleep

Post by IanL »

Afaik, the only way to test and pinpoint IS with Planet, so you would need to buy the interface (Chinese copy) and install under Win XP SP3 - you can do this with a Win 10 laptop by using a Virtual Machine (I use VMWare Workstation Player - free for non-commercial use). Downside - there is a learning curve.

Other than that, you would have to guess and dive in.

TIP: The switches documented here are, I believe, named in the normally contacts-closed position, e.g. the moving rear shelf stored switch has contacts closed when the shelf is stored.

Switches A and B are often the source of the problem, and have been fixed in the past with a squirt of electrical contact cleaning spray in the hole (the lubricant-free variety (e.g.DP-60) is recommended, as lubricant attracts and retains dirt. WD-40 is a no-no for that reason).

Another possibility is here.

Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Hi Ian that’s great advice mate …
Ive read about Planet and the Sedre thing …. Not sure my brain would cope with that!

I’ll try what you suggest and have also read with interest the items in the link you provided….
Might be a while before I can try a few things out as my girlfriend has the car and is working away at the moment……

As you say, I’ll have to dive in and give it a go!

Re the dealer prices for Diag , where I lived before the local Pug dealer charged me 79euros to diagnose an auto box fault and on another occasion when the engine light came on I called in and he plugged it in there and then with no charge ….. sadly the outfit where I now live aren’t too helpful and expensive…

Thanks again for the tips mate 👍

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

ours started beeping when over 5mph and it turned out that the connector in the boot lid had pulled apart ... you will need to remove the boot lid liner to check

(actually it started beeping when I converted the upper brake light unit to an LED one and the loom was given a little extra tug :oops: )
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Hi Gazza… thanks for that…. Will check that out as well 👍😎

Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Hi admin….
Just a query…
I have two replies not approved by admin.

Thanks 👍

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

All sorted now :thumbs:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Thanks Lyndon ✌️🥳